Summer Sunday Worship: 10am
The goal of our Sunday worship is to focus on God and his truth for our lives each week. We do this by singing, praying, reading the Bible, listening to a sermon, baptizing new Christians, and celebrating the Lord's Supper. As we encourage each other and hear God's promises, we are strengthened to face another week. We try to make visitors feel comfortable and will not ask you to stand up and introduce yourself, come forward to the altar, or anything like that. Just come listen and see if you benefit from the worship and preaching. We hope you will!
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL 2018
Theme: Four Parables for Spiritual Growth
Dates: June 25-28 (Monday to Thursday)
To register, click the link below:
If you have trouble with that, please just email me the names, ages, and contact info for the kids you will be sending.
Jesus said that you must be like a little child if you want to enter the kingdom of heaven. Children are capable of deeper spirituality than we often give them credit for. This year at VBS, we want to help kids grow spiritually by focusing on four famous parable of Jesus:
Monday: Learning to pray when we face hardship
Tuesday: Learning to ask for forgiveness from God and others
Wednesday: Learning to forgive others
Thursday: Learning to help those in need, even when it hurts
The schedule will be as follows:
6:00-6:30: Bible story, discussion, and prayer
6:30-7:30: Twenty minutes each of crafts, songs, and games outside
Kids and parents are welcome to stay around afterwards to play and visit with each other on our beautiful church property.
Wednesday Fun Nights Starting June 27th
Starting on June 27th (and overlapping with VBS) we will have brief, casual Bible studies with discussion and prayer, followed by time to hang out at the church property as long as people want.
Come and go at any time that fits your schedule:
Bring your own dinner and eat on the property from 5-6:15.
Bible study from 6:15-7pm. .
Hanging out is from 7pm onward. We hope to have music some nights but the details are not confirmed.
What will we be studying?
- We will be looking at the book of Acts. It tells about the earliest church. The first followers of Jesus, just like us today, had to spread his life-giving message to a diverse and skeptical culture. We will see how they did that and how we can do that today.
Can I bring kids?
- Yes. They can participate in the Bible study. Parents will be instructed in how to lead their own kids in a spiritual discussion. Before and after, all the kids can play on the playground or in the yard while the adults chat nearby.
Do I need to stay for the whole thing?
- No. Just come for whatever part you can make it for.
Do I need to come every week?
- No. If you missed the previous week it will not make a difference.
I don't get it. What is the point?
- We hope to provide an alternative to Sunday worship for those who travel on the weekends. But this is not a regular worship, because it is also designed to be a more casual forum where members can get to know each other, have fun together, and invite friends.
Which Wednesdays will we meet?
June 27 - First meeting
July 4 - NO MEETING BECAUSE OF THE NATIONAL HOLIDAY
July 11 - Meet
July 18 - Meet
July 25 - Meet
Aug 1 - Meet
Aug 8 - Meet with special program
Aug 15 - Final Meeting